Mumbai: Missouri State University (MSU), a long-established university in the Midwest United States, has invited applications for undergraduate students under the Cooperative Engineering Program (4 years program). The Cooperative Engineering Program is offered through a partnership between Missouri State and the Missouri University of Science and Technology. Students in the Cooperative Engineering program can look forward to hands-on experience inside and outside of the classroom, opportunities to get involved in professional networking organizations, team-based competitions, and internships in the field. The program prepares students for future careers in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
This program is designed to provide students with knowledge, skills and abilities to lead and manage effectively. Explaining the same, Mr Brad Bodenhausen, Associate Vice President of International Programs, said, “This program prepares students for high skill, high demand, high growth, and high paying career. The Cooperative Engineering program provides students from around the world with an opportunity to receive a degree in Engineering from one of the top programs in the country. Missouri State University offers high-quality academics; a safe and welcoming community; and affordable tuition and cost of living. We welcome students from India.”
Eligibility criteria for UG- Corporative Engineering Program:
- Completion of an accredited high school with a 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale).
- Adequate financial support documents for one year of study.
- Meet one of the following English proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL-iBT of 61, IELTS -5.5, PTE – 44 or,
2.Completion of level 5 at the MSU English language Institute.
Total FEE for UG- Corporative Engineering Program (4 Years): $120,703
Date of General Application Deadlines: 30th April 2019
Scholarships: Missouri State University has also announced an International Excellence Scholarship of $7,500 per year for UG students who have secured 1160 or above(or ACT 24). Applicants to the Cooperative Engineering Program are eligible for this scholarship.
Eligibility criteria for Scholarship for UG:
- Any student with a high SAT score of 1160 or above (or ACT 24) is eligible for the International Excellence Scholarship.
- Strong academic record
- The student must enrol at Missouri State University within 24 months of completion of high school and have qualifying test scores on file prior to the first semester of enrollment to qualify for International Excellence Scholarship (IES). IES only applies for Missouri State credit hours within the Cooperative Engineering program.
Specifying the benefits of studying at Missouri State University, Mr Brad Bodenhausen, said, “Missouri State University provides an unbeatable value when compared to other US institutions. The faculty at Missouri State is committed to providing a learning experience that effectively combines both practical and academic excellence. Missouri State’s tuition and fees are less than state and national averages for public and private institutions.”
The benefit to Indian students
- The curriculum provides students from India with a global perspective to work in a variety of communication industry settings
- Students will learn through experience with internship and service-learning opportunities that promote community involvement while providing vital job skills.
- The well-organized on and off campus housing facilities at MSU are a boon to Indian students.