Mumbai : They often say “Jal hi jeevan hai” why? How water is so important that it is being compared to life (jeevan)? Your thirst is your body’s response of telling you that it needs water (dehydration).
Water is the most underrated nutrient but in reality, it is the most precious nutrient which aids in normal body functioning.
Water is responsible for digestion, absorption and circulation of nutrients which means if you tend to eat a very healthy diet which includes all the essential nutrients(macro and micro-nutrients ),still your body will need water for absorbing those nutrients.
Water serves “Water Homoeostasis” (i.e. Maintains body’s temperature and electrolyte balance.) Water also flushes out toxins from your body and gives you glowing skin.
Water can actually help in weight loss by improving your metabolism. So now you know the reason behind everybody saying “zyada paani peeyo” (Drink more water) for every problem.
Tips to have enough water.
- Keep a 1 litre water bottle with you and ensure that you finish drinking water from that bottle at least twice a day.
- Keep water in your eyesight.
- Add flavours to your water (lemon, orange and mint).
- Use an app to track your cups.
- Simply drink when you’re thirsty and stop when you feel well hydrated.
- Drink 1 glass of water on rising, 1 glass of water 2 hours before and after breakfast ,lunch and dinner, lastly have 1 glass of water 1 hour before going to sleep, this way you will end up having at least 8 glasses of water each day.